The Checkline PFK paper moisture meter quickly determines the absolute water content of paper, board and cellulose. The PFK measures non-destructively, directly on the stack or on a (stationary) roller with a measuring depth of 20 mm. The measuring range of the PFK paper moisture meter is 1% to 15% water content (depending on paper type) with a measurement resolution of 0, 1%.
With the help of the integrated data logger, you can record up to 10,000 measured values. Typical measurement applications include precise inbound inspections and process controls at print shops, as well as at paper traders and corrugated manufacturers.Furthermore, this paper moisture meter is easy to handle and due to its convenient size, the PFK can be deployed anywhere on site.
Turn on the instrument, select the correct calibration curve (based on the density of the paper) and press the instrument onto the material to be measured. The illuminated display immediately shows the measured value.
The Checkline PFK has a memory capacity for the storage of up to 10,000 measured values and offers also the possibility to enter additional data, such as the lot number.
For each series of measurements recorded, the PFK automatically calculates the average value.
Via the optional USB interface, the measured values can be transferred to a PC and via the PC software LogMemorizer® the data can be archived, exported, processed and printed.
Fast and non-destructive measurement
• Measuring range 1% to 15% absolute water content, depending on the type of paper
• Measuring depth: 20 mm
• 20 standard calibration curves (expandable)
• Resolution: 0.1% water content
• Paper temperature: 0 to + 50 ° C
• Temperature can be set to ° C or ° F as needed
• Automatic temperature compensation
• Hold function, automatic data recording function
• Scope of delivery: PFK moisture meter, wooden box with test plate, protective rubber cap and batteries
• Optional: USB moisture meter data interface module with LogMemorizer measurement data capture and analysis software on USB key, portable thermal printer
The PFK paper moisture meter is supplied as a complete set, including:
The PFK-USB is also supplied with:
|Measuring Range:||1% to 15% water content|
|Resolution:||0.1% water content|
|Measuring depth:||20 mm|
|Paper temperature:||0 to +50°C|
|Temperature Units:||°C or °F|
|Data Logger:||up to 10,000 logs with measuring point report|
|Data output (PFK-USB model only):||class = "fa fa-usb" aria-hidden = "true"> USB interface (delivery with data transfer cable & software)|
|Batteries:||4 x 1.5 volt AA batteries|
|Device weight:||265 g (incl. batteries)|
|Dimensions:||147 x 75 x 30 mm (incl. rubber protection)|
|Menu languages:||English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Czech and Polish|
|Product type||Paper type||Density (kg / m³)|
|300 paper||Tissue, filter papier||300 kg/m³|
|350 paper||Tissue, filter papier||350 kg/m³|
|400 paper||Tissue, filter papier||400 kg/m³|
|450 paper||Tissue, filter papier||450 kg/m³|
|500 paper||Zeer lage dichtheid karton||500 kg/m³|
|550 paper||Low density carton||550 kg/m³|
|600 paper||Very low density paper/ newspaper||600 kg/m³|
|650 paper||Low density paper||650 kg/m³|
|700 paper||Low density paper/Kraftliner||700 kg/m³|
|750 paper||Copy paper, Liner||750 kg/m³|
|800 paper||Copy paper||800 kg/m³|
|850 paper||Copy paper||850 kg/m³|
|900 paper||Copy paper||900 kg/m³|
|950 paper||Brochure - Offsetpaper||950 kg/m³|
|1000 paper||Brochure - Offsetpaper||1000 kg/m³|
|1050 paper||Brochure - Offsetpaper||1050 kg/m³|
|1100 paper||Brochure - Offsetpaper||1100 kg/m³|
|1200 paper||Brochure - Offsetpaper||1200 kg/m³|
|1300 paper||Brochure - Offsetpaper||1300 kg/m³|
Selection of the correct curve
Due to the countless paper types, there are no standard curves.
For the Checkline PFK paper moisture meter, the density of the paper stock or paper roll determines the different curves.
The above overview of the curves contains suggestions for paper types and paper densities [kg / m³].
To achieve an exact measurement result, a one-time comparative measurement is required with your online moisture measurement or by performing the standardized oven method (DIN 287).
1. Measure your paper (on the roll or on the stack) with the available curves which give a realistic value and note the different measurement results with the corresponding characteristic curve names.
2. Now record the actual water content of your online moisture measurement or carry out a determination of the reference water content according to EN ISO 287.
3. Now compare the recorded measurement results of the different curves with the actual water content according to the reference measurement. Now you can select/determine the curve that is most accurate with the reference measurement.